Something of the Like

It seems that the theme for this week is loving out loud or real Christianity or something of the like. At church on Sunday, the preacher challenged the congregation to think about how God has made their life different. He asked us to reflect on the question "what difference does God make in my life?" Since Sunday, I have been pondering this question. Then the other night I found myself standing in front of the bathroom mirror giving myself a speech on how God has made a difference in my life. It makes me laugh that I did that, but it really helped me to give myself specific examples of what God has done in my life. It made me realize that if God had not been apart of my life I would be in a very different place and a significantly different person. God has leaded me in the right direction and been faithful to me in things I did not even know about at the time. Without his intervention, my choice for college would have been much different; I would never have been a worship arts major which means that I would have never started this blog. I would not have the same friends, or figured out that I should be a social worker. Without God high school would have been even more challenging, I would not be active in Church or have the amazing opportunity to work with the youth group. God is an essential part of my life and has proved himself repeatedly even in my 22 years. I am thankful for his intercession even when I am unaware of it. I am glad that there is a God who is in control, who holds me in the palm of his hand and will never leave me or forsake me. He is always there when things get hard and he remains constant. God also celebrates with my life successes and rejoices in growth. He loves with an everlasting love and embraces his children with a wholeness that is incomparable. So there you have it, God changes everything. His involvement in our lives makes a difference.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment