Summer Recap Linkup

The summer is sadly coming to a close and while I am resistant to the end of sunshiny days and summer nights it has come the time to recap my summer bucket list. So without further ado, here it is...

1) Go to the Beach - I haven't been to the beach in probably at least five years. So I think its about time to get myself there. 


I finally made it to the beach! :D Beach Day

2) Make a new friendI have recently relocated to a new town near Grad school and have had to leave my friends behind. So this summer I would like to make a new friend here.

This summer I welcomed two new roommates and I am glad to say that I have made two new friends :) 

3) Send Letters - I miss my distant friends and I love to write them letters. This summer I hope to send them each at least one awesome letter.

I have written One letter which is good but I don't think I can check this one off just yet. 

4) Lend my timeI would have said volunteer, but I'm not sure i'll do that. So I'll keep it real and say lend my time. This summer I want to lend my time to someone or something of good cause. 

This summer I have been taking a couple of classes and I lent my time to one of my classmates to help her with homework.

5) Seize the DaySometimes being here in my school housing, it is easy to waste the day away doing meaningless things like watching television. This summer I want to get away from the television and my computer and spend my time doing other things that involve enjoying the outdoors. 

Success! Seizing the day. 

When my BFF was here we seized the day! We spent some time at the mall cooked dinner and went to the movies! It may not sound all that different from normal but for me it really was. 

I am glad to report that I have been seizing the summer days as of recent and it has been an awesome experience. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to go to the beach and got also spend time away from the internet + TV. That's so hard for me these days and I've definitely felt it, too. :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, me too! I love linking up with you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done most of what you wanted to do this summer it looks like! I also know I'll miss summer as it ends--it's my favorite season!

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete