Beach Day

I am proud to announce that I have FINALLY made it to the beach! This checks off the toughest goal on my summer bucket list. Yes it's sad that I thought I wouldn't reach this goal, but I am so very glad that I did.

Today my roommates and I ventured out on our mission to soak up some sun. We finally arrived at the beach after a couple wrong turns and an accidental drive down the wrong side of the highway. Oops. But it really wasn't as dramatic as it sounds because there weren't very many cars in this area and it wasn't too hard to turn back around thankfully. Today we enjoyed some quality time together laying on our beach towels catching up on some reading and of course watching the sights and sounds of the people around us. As I took in the scenery and the activity of those on the beach I observed a few funny things. I watched a young boy chase two girls around with algae that he grabbed out of the lake. I watched as a three year old boy with a cute little camouflaged hat filled his hat up with sand and then proceeded to put it back on his head which of course worked well with the sand in it. I also made a little friend today with an almost toddler boy who kept wandering over to my beach towel to say hello. I can't lie, he was super cute and I loved it.


Today was a good day.

After the beach we decided to make a stop at Walmart to pick up some hamburgers for dinner. Then, when we got home the three of us proceeded to discover the mysteries of grilling. lol Thankfully it worked out well and we really enjoyed our time cooking and eating together.

Then what better to wrap up a night than some quality time playing wii sports and watching an intense netflix series.

Beach Day = Success :)

Thank you Lord for the blessings that you have shared with us today. May I not take them for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! i'm so glad you were able to have a wonderful day at the beach. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete