The Circle Linkup: Favorite Recipes

I just saw this linkup and I knew that I HAD to write a post. :) After all, I do love to bake. My favorite recipe is "Moist and Chewy Brownies" from "Baking Unplugged" by Nicole Reese. They are seriously the BEST brownies ever! I make them quite often and everyone loves to eat them. I must provide a special thank you to my best friend for buying me the dessert book for my birthday. I LOVE this baking book and I recommend it to anyone looking to do some basic baking. You can buy it on Amazon at the link below.


"Moist & Chewy Brownies"

Ingredients
1 C. plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter
2 C. sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2/3 C. all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350'F. Butter and flour a 9'-square baking pan. Melt
the butter in a medium saucepan. Remove the pan from the heat. Beat in the
sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and salt
until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the cocoa powder and then the flour
until smooth and uniform, about 30 seconds.

Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes,
until a wooden skewer inserted 2/3, toward the center comes out with only
moist crumbs clinging to it. Let the brownies cool in the pan to just warm before
serving plain; otherwise cool completely before frosting with ganache.
Cut in 2 1/4" squares.

5 comments:

  1. I almost did this one too! I didn't have a visual to show, so i didn't.
    It was hard to choose between my love of baking and cooking :)
    Your welcome for getting you that book, i knew you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...brownies. Yum! I'm so glad you linked up because I just might have to try these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do it! They are amazing and SOOO easy to make!!!

    ReplyDelete