Blessed By Beatrice

Today my roommate and I had the honor of having lunch with Beatrice. Beatrice is a wonderful four-foot eight-inch 94 year old church lady. Last Sunday she invited my roommates and I to Sunday dinner after church. Today we had the pleasure of following her to her home for lunch. It was quite comical to follow her in my car as she sped almost recklessly through the curvy small town streets. I almost lost her trail as I was restrained by the stop sign. Thankfully we were able to catch up to her and thankfully we didn't have much farther to go. 

When we arrived we stepped into her little kitchen and began helping her prepare for lunch. As we got up to walk outside and see the yard, I caught the dining room table in the corner of my eye. I was surprised and delighted to see the table set fully with china and crystal glasses. I felt honored that she would invite me to be apart of her special dinner. I was completely unaware of the glorious lunch we were about to have together.

When we came back inside we helped Beatrice set the table. She pulled a glazed ham roast out of the oven and a few other dinner salads from the kitchen and dish by dish we placed them on the decorated table linen.

As we sat down at the table Beatrice proceeded to say grace, thanking God for our meal and praying over us in the sweetest most loving way. Her words and presence blessed my heart.

Lunch was delicious and was the most unexpected occasion I never imagined. I had no idea that we would end up spending four hours getting to know one another over fine china and apple pie.

Today I am thankful for new friends and for wise women like Beatrice.

2 comments:

  1. Beatrice should live to 120 in perfect health! We should all remember to also thank God for the food we have just partaken of. As God commands us In Deuteronomy 8:10, we are commanded that when we eat and are satisfied, we must bless the Lord our God. Have a blessed day. Stop by and visit http://geula613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. She is an amazing women. Thanks, I will have to stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete