An Honest Prayer

Quiet. It has been a long time since I have had some quiet time. A few moments to collect myself and to rest. I am forever grateful for these quiet moments. It seems that God speaks most often when I am finally quiet. Not just silent, but quiet, steadfast, at rest. Thank you Lord for quiet moments.

Lord,
I know it has been a long time since I have last been in your word you left for me. It seems that I have found myself a little lost on the map that you have given me. I am sorry that I have not been paying much attention to your direction and prompting. I hope you will forgive me Lord. I have been feeling frustrated with myself for not changing the things that you have called me out of. Tonight I ask that you would provide a way out of those things for me. Please help me to follow the map you have given me. I know I will never be the perfect sojourner, but do not give up on me just yet. I still have a lot of exploring to do with you right by my side. I want to discover whatever it is this path has for me. I do not want to let you down. I hope that I do not miss the things along the way big and small that you want me to experience. I cannot promise that I will not get lost every now and then, but I hold on to your promise to never leave me on my own when I do. I hold on to your steadfast love and guidance. I rely on your patience with me and your strength that holds me up when I am weak. I am very grateful for your faithfulness to me. Help me to better understand your grace. Thanks for not giving up on me.
Your daughter & fellow sojourner, Hillary

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." 
Lamentations 3:22-23

"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me."
Psalm 16:8

"Even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)"
Ephesians 2:5


2 comments:

  1. Amen for quiet time... how it refreshes our sweet souls. Glad you got some time in the Word!

    Ellie (New follower on Bloglovin')
    www.ChoosingPeaceBlog.com

    ReplyDelete