Counting Your Blessings

"The LORD's blessing enriches, and struggle adds nothing to it." Proverbs 10:22 (HCSB) Tonight I read this post from Proverbs 31 Ministries about counting God's blessings. I felt the passage below was a good summary for the post. I wanted to share it with you here because the post offers some great ideas of how to count your blessings to turn bad days into good. 

"Scripture has the best remedy for us to help overcome the dark days. Psalm 92:1-2 tells us that "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night..." (NIV)
Over the years I took this verse to heart and made an effort to praise the Lord for the blessings each day held. Moment by moment I forced myself to count the big and small gifts I had and eventually, I started to see them all around me.
Do you need to see some "good" right now because you're going through a challenging time? Or do you also struggle to notice the simple blessings in the midst of your hectic days?
Here are some tangible ways to purposefully see God's blessings, His goodness and His steadfast love - even on those "bad" days." Devotions | Proverbs 31 Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment