Summer Bucket List Update

Hello Friend remember me? I'm your summer bucket list. 

So, Since it has been almost a month since our bucket list link up. I thought I would share with you an update of how I am doing on mine. For a refresher here are my goals. 

1) Go to the Beach - I haven't been to the beach in probably at least five years. So I think its about time to get myself there. 

I have not made it to the beach yet but I am still hoping too :)

2) Make a new friend - I have recently relocated to a new town near Grad school and have had to leave my friends behind. So this summer I would like to make a new friend here.

I think I can almost count this one checked off. This summer I have had the opportunity to get to know my roommate better. It has been really nice spending time with her. Also, this week two new girls moved into our house and I look forward to getting to know them as we adventure through grad school. 

3) Send Letters - I miss my distant friends and I love to write them letters. This summer I hope to send them each at least one awesome letter.

Today I wrote a letter! Now I need to write a couple more and send them out! yay!

4) Lend my time - I would have said volunteer, but I'm not sure i'll do that. So I'll keep it real and say lend my time. This summer I want to lend my time to someone or something of good cause. 

I still need to work on this one.

5) Seize the Day - Sometimes being here in my school housing, it is easy to waste the day away doing meaningless things like watching television. This summer I want to get away from the television and my computer and spend my time doing other things that involve enjoying the outdoors. 

Success! Seizing the day. When my BFF was here we seized the day! We spent some time at the mall cooked dinner and went to the movies! It may not sound all that different from normal but for me it really was. I plan to continue seizing the day as I spend my summer taking classes and enjoying the sunshine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment