Forgiveness

Forgiveness is a huge word and I think I am beginning to grasp it. This week I started reading "Stories for the extreme teen's heart" by Alice Grey. To find out more about the book click the link. LINK

As I was reading through the first few stories it was a little emotional for me. One story stuck out in particular. This story is about a brother and sister who learned that Jesus said to forgive 70 X 7 which equals 490. Then the sister decides to make a chart and keep track of how many times her brother had to forgive her. After she reached the end of the chart she made a huge mistake that changed her brothers future forever, or so she thought. As a result, she decides to leave home and run away until three years later she finds herself laying on the ground in the cold. It's during this time she decides to live a more respectable life and gets a job as a waitress. One day while working she recognized an old friend who accidentally informed her of her brothers death by car accident. At this time the sister calls home hoping her family will forgive her and asking them to meet her at the bus station. When she arrived she was overwhelmed to find not only her parents but her entire extended family waiting to welcome her home and celebrate. 

Lets try to remember this story when we find it hard to forgive. Think about what the other person is feeling, open your arms wide and more than welcome them inside your heart.

2 comments:

  1. i love this and you :) You are truly an amazing woman! I'm so glad God put you in my life. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete