Exhaustion

A word from the wise, well at least from someone who seems to learn the hard way on occasion. Not resting = exhaustion. This semester I have found it difficult to rest. Some weeks have definitely been better than others, but recently the stress of school and everything that goes with it has worn me down. I'm tired. I look forward to going to sleep soon. But this kind of tired is not exactly what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the kind of exhaustion that results from not letting things go, like homework for example. This semester I have had a difficult time resting in between assignments. Considering that my classes are once a week, this means that sometimes there are only one or two days out of my week when I can let myself breathe a sigh of relief. This is something that I'm working on getting better at. One, by implementing a sabbath day into my life, and two, by letting things go. Meaning not worrying about them or pining over the fact that I still have to get them done, but releasing them to God along with myself so that I can rest when I need to and not feel guilty. If you are feeling the same way, don't fret, I'm right here with you. Join me in taking the necessary steps to let go and rest. I would appreciate your prayers and know also that I pray for you.

Fear and trembling have beset me;
    horror has overwhelmed me.
I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
    I would fly away and be at rest.
I would flee far away
    and stay in the desert;
Psalm 55:5-7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment