I Can't Earn God's Love

No matter how many times I hear it, it is still difficult for me to understand that I CANT EARN GODS LOVE. Sometimes I get lost in the complicated web of trying to do the right thing, say the right thing, and think the right thing, that I forget I can't earn God's love through these things. Dealing with this issue has been a long journey for me and I hope it is soon coming to a new destination. In my head I know that legalism isn't the way to God's heart. However, in my heart, this is much more difficult to understand.

GRACE. What is grace? What does it mean? The best way that I have been able to understand this is through a previous post i've written titled "Grace Like Rain" here is what I wrote in that post...

But how is grace like rain?
Grace is like rain because rain is free. We can't do anything to get it, yet we don't have to. Grace, just like a thunderstorm, is enough to cover everything. There is no field or hill hidden from it and all have their fill of it.9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  (2 Corinthians 12:9-10New International Version)

Grace is a gift.

"You see, all have sinned, and all their futile attempts to reach God in His glory fail. Yet they are now saved and set right by His free gift of grace through the redemption available only in Jesus the Anointed. When God set Him up to be the sacrifice—the seat of mercy where sins are atoned through faith—His blood became the demonstration of God’s own restorative justice. All of this confirms His faithfulness to the promise, for over the course of human history God patiently held back as He dealt with the sins being committed." Romans 3:23-25    (VOICE)


I think, at least for me, that it comes down to faith. I need more faith. "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews

No comments:

Post a Comment