Real Relationships

I know it's late especially since I have to get up for class. However, It's really been on my heart the past couple of nights to write about the community of believers. You see, I've been looking to start a daily prayer meeting in my building and I'm willing to pray by myself at first if that's what it takes to get people to come. I have such a passion to interact with other people and share how God makes a difference. But living in community is more than that, it's doing life together.

In my devotional it says, "It's one thing for Christians to live in the same location, coming and going as they please. It's quite another to commit to living in certain ways in the same location: praying and worshiping together, living simply, sharing common resources, serving the poor, seeking unity, obeying one's spiritual leaders and so on." - Sarah Arthur The One Year Daily Grind

Here at college, we already exist in the same location and specifically at SAU we have a wonderful community, but there is always room for improvement.

Acts 2:42-47
The Fellowship of the Believers
 42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Sadly for most American Christians today this is an ideal view of the Christian Community. Nevertheless, I am confident that it is within reach. How wonderful it would be to live in such a place where the body of Christ is truly one and acts as so. I hope I end up living in such a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment