Self-Confidence


Today I read this online devotional How to Stop Trashing Yourself. It outlines verses to think of when your mind gets you off track. I've pasted them below.

• When self-doubt whispers, "I can't do that. I'm going to fail and look foolish." Trash that lie and hold onto this truth: "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6, NIV 1984)

• When self-doubt whispers, "I'll never change." Trash that lie and hold onto this truth: "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in [me] will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6, NASB)

• When self-doubt whispers, "This is too hard for me. I don't have what it takes to..." Trash that lie and hold onto this truth: "No, in all these things [I am] more than a [conqueror] through him who loved [me]." (Romans 8:37, NIV)

If you haven't already read it, I encourage you to. It talks about the need for us to own what is ours in Christ in order to do away with the lies of our insecurities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment