Never will I Forsake You

My best friend is wonderful and she wrote this blog post you should read... Mint Chocolate Chip Moments. What jumped out at me was the verse she quoted from Isaiah 54, "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,”says the Lord, who has compassion on you. I love this verse because it reminds me that even when the world falls apart around me, God loves me. In the book of Hebrews God makes another promise, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” God will never leave us! Lastly, Romans 8 says, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. This passage reminds me that there is absolutely nothing that can remove me from God's love. So there you have it, God always loves you, he will never leave you and nothing can take that away.
To dig further start reading The book of Romans especially Romans 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment