Moved to Tears

Today was talents for Christ chapel. This is a service where the students get to glorify God in their unique ways. One skit in particular moved me to tears, the lighthouse skit. It wasn't the first time I've seen it by any means but it's meaning still holds so true in my heart. This morning I was very aware of the reality that people all around us struggle everyday, fighting to get closer to God, or at least away from the trials that they presently endure. I encourage you to pray for everyone around you, including me, we need it.



From a Christian Social Work perspective.... This week I went to a child welfare conference and learned so many things. I encountered the realities of child welfare, the tragedies, those that slip through the system. This encourages me even more to seek for policy change, if only to help one person from slipping through the cracks, that one person is worth it. This life relevance and awareness paired with today's chapel skit moved my heart. Not only do I want to fight through my trials and reach the other side but I also want to help others do the same. That is why I want to be a social worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment