Fear VS Faith

Quote of the week "take the next step in faith rather than fear" - Sarah Arthur

Too often Christians live life in the safe lane, taking the fastest route to anywhere but there, oh and there, yes there too. It's like saying to God "Here I am send me! Just don't send me to anywhere I'll be uncomfortable or in danger or away from those I love" But God doesn't work like that. Because Christ the son of God died on the cross taking on every sin of the world I am able to receive grace that lets me into Heaven. Don't you think then that I should give my life in return - as Jesus said, take up your cross and follow me - I must pick up my cross and walk to the hill where I know I will be crucified. In other words, as a Christian, I must go through the worst suffering and pain to accomplish the plan God has for my life. So why then do many "Christians" in America think that God will make them rich, and keep them safe? The Lord does protect for His greater purpose on occasion. However, life is dangerous and I'm living. Am I going to live a dangerous life for myself or God? In the eternal perspective, the line in between, nothing on the earth in the physical matters. The only thing that matters is love in correlation with my life. Did I protect my feelings or was I vulnerable in faith that God could use my mess of a life for good?

I gained a new perspective on the first few verses of Matthew Chapter 8. There it says, "When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him.  A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”  Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy."

I took it this way tonight - "Lord if you are willing, take my sin and make me holy - set apart for you" then the Lord said "I am willing" "Be clean!" Immediately he was cleansed of his sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment